South Carolina Wrongful Arrest Attorney
If you have been falsely arrested, and the charges against you were thrown out without you admitting fault, or if you won the case at trial, then you may be able to get money damages against the police agency who arrested you. When you are handcuffed and hauled away, it is an embarrassing, humiliating, and emotionally and mentally distressing occurrence.
Even if you are only incarcerated or detained for a few hours, a false arrest wrongly takes away your freedom, and can cause huge problems for your everyday life, at home, work, and elsewhere. If you have been wrongfully arrested, ROSSINGTON LAW OFFICES, LLC, aggressively seeks money damages to compensate you for the harm that you have suffered.
We Are Here To Help
Not sure where to start or begin? Contact our award winning legal team today and get the help you deserve. You’re not alone!
Wrongful arrest may include the following scenarios:
• Arrest by police agency of the wrong person
• Arrest due to incompetence
• Arrest based on race or religion
• Arrest of a person without probable cause that that person committed a crime
• Arrest without the mention of the suspect’s Miranda Rights
• Arrest with an arrest warrant that was obtained with false information given to the court by a police officer
• Arrest based on pure malice
What am I entitled to if I am wrongfully arrested?
Answer: The ability to procure financial compensation in a case is largely dependent
on the specific facts. However; based on those facts, damages may include recovery
for any of the following:
- False Imprisonment
- Malicious Prosecution
- Invasion of Privacy
- Lost wages
- Damage to reputation
- Assault and Battery
- Physical harm incurred during or as a result of the wrongful arrest
- Illness incurred during or as a result of the wrongful arrest
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages
- Excessive force
- Wrongful conviction
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress